Tuesday, April 24, 2012

~ The Rock~
I am sure you have caught yourself saying that your spouse is your rock, your support, your lean on guy/girl however, it got me thinking about some things that were discussed at church Sunday. I don't want my husband to have to feel like the "rock" 100 percent of the time, it's a tough roll to fulfill. I know I am strong willed, very stubborn, but yet I always seem to freak out when my "rock" is not fulfilling that role all of the time. We have to remember that they can have moments where they just need us to say everything really is going to be okay. I always look for my hubby to tell me that, but when the roles are switched and he needs it from me I pretty much have a melt down and somehow yet again push him back into that strong role. Sunday... life gave me a gentle,  not so gentle reminder that a marriage is 50/50 and from the beginning a man is forced to take on a "Rock Role" it's not always fair to them, they need that other 50 percenter to say it's okay for you not to be the supporter all the time, I can step up and walk in your shoes and be the Rock when you need me to.

Lesson Learned ~ I can be the Rock 2!

1 comment:

Leave me a note
I <3 your thoughts and comments!