Monday, November 26, 2012

~Today...Monday, You Suck~

Mondays are good for me. I am off work and I usually get to get caught up on my house cleaning, laundry, editing pictures, or anything I can't seem to get done during my work days. I woke up with a happy little smile on my face knowing I could check some things off my never ending to do list.

But then, more quickly than I ever imagine....life happens, it isn't always what you are expecting, "life has many twists and turns", as my sweet Dad says. My daughter got off the bus today excited about guitar lessons tonight and little did we both know she would not be going. Our sweet little
Jack Russel Kahlua had a seizure, a long one, a scary to witness one. We got through it and I scrambled to call our vet although Kahlua has never had one so I wasn't to sure what they would do for her. Once I got through they said not to much we can do, blood work if you want to bring her in tomorrow. So we held her and watched her and over about a half hour she seemed to be coming back to herself. Then my son got off the bus and I broke the news to him that we were still watching her to see if she was going to be okay, however just as I was feeling like she would be fine she ran straight into the wall and started up with a really bad seizure again. We put her in my daughter's blanket and drove much faster than I should of as my poor daughter held her dog in the car as she had seizure after seizure. Needless to say it's been a long evening and our Kahlua went to be with our Mastiff Babar and our other Jack Russel Claude around 5:45 tonight.

Today, like so many people around me, I am given constant daily reminders of how short life can be.  Our "Quie girl" as we called her was here with me all day completely fine and now she lays in a box in the ground where my hubby came home from work and buried her. My heart feels ripped out today. I held her during her first seizure today and told her she would be okay, yes I told her she would be perfectly okay. And with those words coming out of my mouth so many times as she violently shook, all I really did was let her down. I let her down in the worst way. And as we waited in the car at the emergency vet, I gained enough courage to look my children in the eyes and say our girl is not going to be okay. Life can truly suck some days and today it double sucks!
 
Godspeed sweet Quie girl...we love you and will miss your little potbelly!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note
I <3 your thoughts and comments!